In the Climate Commitment, Meira set its own climate goals:
- Reduce mixed waste to zero by 2020.
- Reduce the energy consumption with the energy management service introduced in 2018.
- Explore the use of alternative energy sources in our production by 2020 (2018 biogas in use on the ketchup line).
- We encourage people to increase the proportion of vegetables in their diets. Our selection includes vegetable spice mixes and plenty of vegetable spice recipes to make it easier to prepare vegetarian dishes.
- Meira wants to reduce food waste and is a partner of Finland’s first food waste store WeFood.
- As part of the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard, we have prepared dozens of environmental programs, the implementation and development of which we monitor annually.
Raimo Sinisalo, CEO of Meira, co-signed the commitment with Anni Sinnemäki, the Deputy Mayor of Helsinki.
Climate partnership is a part of our sustainability work. Read more about sustainability at Meira https://meira.fi/fi/vastuullisuus.
CEO Raimo Sinisalo, tel. +358 207 44 3500, raimo.sinisalo (at) meira.fi