- Measure a measuring cup (7g) of coarse ground coffee powder per cup, for example Kulta Katriina dark roast coffee.
- Heat water in a different pot and pour boiling water over the coffee powder. Always use clean and fresh water.
- Let the coffee steep for about 5 minutes.
- Gently push the plunger down.
- The coffee is ready to be enjoyed. The aromas are best preserved at about 80 degrees and the coffee should not sit for more than half an hour. If you need to store the coffee for longer, pour it into a thermos jug.
This is how you make good coffee in a French press. The French press is either a glass or steel jug. A steel plunger is used as the coffee filter.