- Always use clean utensils. When making filter coffee, clean the coffee making equipment daily. The filter coffee machine should be cleaned at regular intervals with, for example, descaler or citric acid. Other coffee making utensils can be washed in the machine or by hand with hot water and dishwashing detergent after each use.Thorough rinsing is important. Grimy dishes can be cleaned with baking soda (2-3 tablespoons of baking soda per liter of boiling water).
- Select the correct size filter paper for the filter coffee. Check that the filter paper is the correct size in the filter funnel. Fold the edges of the filter paper along the seams and place the paper in the filter.
- Dispense accurately. Measure out filter ground coffee, such as Kulta Katriina or Fair Coffee, 1 measuring spoon (7 grams) per cup or 60 to 70 grams per one liter of water.
- Use cold, fresh water. Always make filter coffee from cold and fresh water.
- Make sure the water temperature is correct. In order for the filter coffee to taste full-bodied, the water must be between 92 and 96 degrees throughout the filtering time.
- Serve freshly brewed coffee. Filter coffee is always at its best freshly brewed. The best storage temperature for prepared coffee is about 80 degrees. Coffee retains its best aroma for about half an hour. If you need to store the coffee longer, pour it into a thermos jug.
- Do not mix old and new filter coffee together The bitter taste of the old coffee spoils the fresh coffee.
How to make coffee by filtering.